Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

Today I am thankful for a gorgeous fall day. It's warm, but not hot. The leaves are changing colors and the sun is out. It was a perfect day for a walk to the park by the train tracks. The kids climbed, ran and were pushed on the swings. At the end of the park time I let them run to the top of the big hill, and then run down. When we got to the bottom of the hill a train came by...YES!!! We have missed the trains the last few times we've been at the park and Murray has not been happy about it. So, I am especially thankful that we were able to see a train and enjoy this nice weather before it comes to an end (as I know it will sooner or later).

I am also thankful that a week and a half ago as I was menu planning I just happened to think today would be a good day to make some chicken noodle soup. Murray and I have been fighting off a cold all week (and I think our noses are losing) but I am beginning to feel a bit better today and chicken noodle soup sounds and smells delicious. So, I'm hoping after not making it for months my non recipe works out well...I tried a few new things this time. Maybe come dinner time I'll be thankful we have money in the budget to order a pizza...but so far, it's smelling pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment