Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

Today I am thankful for an extremely busy week. While it isn't always fun to have your schedule be so full you can hardly manage it, this gives us the opportunity to cut out the excess and to rely on people the way we normally may not. All week I have been preparing for this weekend...it is as packed full of things as a weekend possibly can be. I will be juggling and managing both my time and my patience as I go from one event to the next all while being a mom and a wife. However as yesterday reached it's busy peak I was able to rely on Nick to help with lunch for the kids and more importantly in a quiet moment I was able to say "the rest will wait" and share a few special moments with my little Murray man. Sometimes a kick out of the usual routine forces us to make our usual busyness lay at the side to realize we need to make time for the important. While my house will need some TLC next week to recover from the neglect of this week, my children won't wait and I'm thankful to have the opportunity to prioritize them this week.

What you may ask is keeping me so busy? Well, this week was the start of ballet class for Lucy (unexpectedly) as well as the start of my teaching of learning lab (on the same day)...a bit chaotic but quite enjoyable. I am also doing final preparations for the mom to mom sale at our church this weekend. So rewarding once it's in full swing (and even more so when it's over), but a bit stressful getting everything ready and turning away last minute moms who want a table. What a great fundraiser for our church though! We have our district president preaching at our church this weekend and Nick and I have the privilege of dining with him and his wife along with the Bush's on Saturday...and lastly, but probably the most important, on Sunday we will welcome little Mathias into God's family as his sponsors. I am so excited to share this special day with such a special little boy...so excited I volunteered to make the cake...which will be a creative outlet in the midst of this busy weekend.

I'm thankful that we're all healthy and that I am capable of managing a busy schedule...I'm thankful for a little burst of summer weather as we head into fall...lastly I am thankful for 2 sleeping children upstairs which means I should have happy children later this afternoon. Today is a very Thankful Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment