Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall is here!

I've been eluding to it for weeks, and although there are 70 degree temps in our forecast...Fall is officially here. The house is chilly in the mornings and evenings and before we head out we have to ask "do we need jackets?". Every year I think, I'll enjoy fall this year, I love the changing of the leaves, I love the fall smells of crisp air and pumpkin and apples (fall candle scents are my favorite!), but again every year I'm reminded that while I can find things I enjoy about the fall...I'm always very sad to see summer go. My toes, fingers and nose are really only warm when I'm cuddled under a blanket or standing in a warm spot of the sun...and let's face it, I don't get to cuddle under blankets or stand still for very long.

Before you give up on me for my pessimistic view on fall (I'm already longing for the first really hot day of summer next year) keep reading for a few sentences more and hear about all the fun fall things we've been doing. Yesterday I decided (while freezing and fighting the urge to turn on the heat) that we would celebrate fall. So, we took out our box of fall decorations (thanks mom for the jump start on those a few years ago) and decorated our house in fall fashion. Lucy is super excited for Halloween this year so it was a blast to dust and clean to place pumpkins, ghosts and goblins around our house. Don't worry...they're all the cute friendly kind. We did our fall light that is like a candle...made our family room smell delicious, and stuck our fall window clings on the windows. Lucy was very excited to welcome in a new season!

A few other fall things we've been doing are a trip to the apple orchard (it was still warm then...just before a rain came through and cooled things off) and we've been collecting colored leaves on our walks around the neighborhood. I'm hoping to enjoy more outside time this fall and winter since I have 2 big kids who can bundle up and enjoy playing outside in any weather! I'll post a few pictures of Lucy and I at the orchard below!


Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment