Thursday, October 21, 2010

They're Hiding Everywhere....

Vegetables that is...

My wonderful neighbor Amy gave me her "Deceptively Delicious" cookbook. I have borrowed it from a friend before, but had only written down a few recipes. Well, with the seasons changing over, it has been time to change the menu over as well...so I thought I'd go through the book and try a few recipes. I picked out 3 to try this week.

All of them have been a success! We did butternut squash mixed with cheddar cheese for quesadillas...they ate them all up! I did Blueberry Oatmeal Bars with spinach hiding in the blueberry center...they ate them all up! Finally we tried meatloaf with carrot puree...I was most hesitant about this one, b/c my children do not always eat meat on their plate anyway. I would say it was a success. Lucy discovered she like it with mashed potatoes on top, Murray liked it with ketchup and Nick thought it was great! Not sure it will be a weekly meal, but maybe monthly...

I think I'll try a few more recipes in the coming weeks, I'm intrigued by a few of the desserts as well as with the Pink Pancakes (they have sweet potatoes in them).

No comments:

Post a Comment