Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Murray's First Day of School

Today is Murray's 2nd day of going to school all by himself. Last Tuesday I stayed with him for a "meet and greet" and on Thursday morning he went all by himself. We did take these pictures last Thursday (September 8th), but just didn't get them off the camera.

Isn't he handsome? He's getting SO big!

Love that smile...it gets him into...and out of lots of trouble!


Murray's first day! Wow! Where has the time gone? I know it seems cliche, but I remember when I first brought him home and he was a snuggly baby...now he's off to school! That boy has such a kind and gentle heart covered in all BOY! He plays rough and intense! Everything is done in full force, but he can slow down and melt your heart or melt down himself. I'm hoping preschool helps him learn to control those melt downs a bit!

His first day was quite an adventure. I have to admit I was sad to see him climb in the car with Nick and drive off. I had to fight the urge to call and find out how drop off had gone and as Lucy and I worked our way through school that morning I missed the "kerchow!" and crashing noises he spends the morning making. I did not miss being asked for snacks every 2 minutes though.

Imagine my surprise when Nick called mid morning to tell me Murray had "escaped"! Our independent little man had decided he was finished at preschool and went to the youth room to hang out with daddy. He left his teachers and all the kids in the gym running races! He's so quick about it, the teacher wouldn't have even known he was gone if another boy hadn't said that someone went up the stairs! Of course the teacher and the preschool director were in a panic looking for him! Once they realized it was Murray they thought he could be anywhere! So, they were searching the bathroom and just heading up to the offices when Nick came walking back with him.

Oh, my poor sweet boy cried when he realized he had made his teacher worried. He said he was sorry and that he would stay with his class now. He was so sad to tell me about it when he came home from school that day. Well, I was honestly hardly surprised at all! If anyone was going to leave school early it would be Murray...that boy can have a mind of his own! I wish I could see the world the way he does, I just hope and pray I can gain insight and begin to understand the way he thinks before he is a teenager!


(This picture is from his very first day Tuesday September 6th...he enjoyed exploring all the cars and toys in the room including the play dough.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment