Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Is it Thursday already? I guess I'm thankful for this week flying by...it's been a busy one! I had a meeting at church on Tuesday and another one tonight...it's tough going out in the evening, but it's nice to miss the craziness of bedtime. Not that the kids are asleep when I get home, but they're in pjs, teeth brushed and anxiously awaiting their kisses from me when I get home.

What I'm most thankful for this week is actually not here yet...it's what I'm anticipating...a QUIET WEEKEND!!! Nick and I sat down last night to connect about schedules, (yep it's been that busy!) and we realized that we have no commitments all weekend! We have a free Friday night, my short Bible Study Saturday morning and Church on Sunday...yes, that is something everyday...but not much!

I am so excited for a nice quiet weekend at home as a family. What is most exciting is the idea of organizing! We arranged for a friend to take the kids on Monday so we can clean out the guest room closet and playroom without any comments from little people...I'm so excited to get started on this project and super excited to have less and more organized toys!

I'm also thankful that I gained 1/2 a pound...that may be a strange thing to be thankful for, but my weight has consistently been up a little this week and I think it's a great sign!

Lots to be thankful for in the midst of the winter doldrums....things like a helpful husband who puts boots on kids and takes them for a walk at the end of a restless day inside....warm drinks...and grapes finally going on sale at the grocery store. It's been a week full of thanksgiving at our house....what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment