Monday, January 17, 2011

Doctor Appointments

I went to the doctor this morning for my check up. I'm 13.5 weeks and things are going well as far as the baby is concerned. My diligence has paid off and although I've been feeling awful and haven't kept all my meals in, I've maintained my weight throughout the first trimester so the doctor is super happy with that. He says hopefully my placenta will take over monitoring hormones soon and I'll start feeling better. I'm hopeful!

The baby is measuring about a week small, but the doctor assured me that at this point in the pregnancy the measurements aren't always accurate, so we'll just watch and see as the baby gets bigger. Seeing our baby on the screen this morning and hearing the heart beat made all the nauseas feelings worth it! That's what I need to keep remembering...that this feeling of being sick is temporary and the joy of another child will completely replace these yucky feelings.

My next appointment is February 21st and it will be gender day! We're so excited and I think even Lucy and Murray will come to see the baby on the ultrasound and find out if they're having a brother or a sister...then the name wars...errr...discussion can begin!

Along with a baby doctor appointment this morning Nick and I are meeting our new doctors this afternoon and now, while dressing Murray we noticed a rash, so we're headed to the pediatrician this afternoon as well. It's a day of doctors, but at least it started out well, so hopefully all the other appointments will go well also!

We got a great ultrasound picture this morning, so we'll try to get it scanned and posted this week! Such an exciting time!

1 comment: