Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Snowflakes: they're little, but very interesting. At church we have one of those motivational posters that says "One of God's most fragile creations, but look what they can do when they stick together". It's a cheesy saying, but the picture is beautiful, a field covered in snow with a giant snow covered tree in the middle of it.

Another thing that comes to mind when I think of snowflakes are how people always talk about no 2 are the same. It's amazing that of the millions of snowflakes that fall from the sky during a snowstorm, not any 2 are exactly the same. You'd think over the thousands of years it's been snowing, 2 would have to be the same...but no. (Not that I've inspected on a closer level...I'm just going with common belief here).

When I was talking to my doctor on Monday about how strange this pregnancy has been he said...you know what they say about pregnancies...they're like snowflakes...no 2 are the same!

I'm not sure what this has to do about being thankful...I'm sitting here in a relatively quiet house looking out my window at the smallest snowflakes I've ever seen. If you look at the wrong angle you'll miss them...or think they're rain. But as I looked out the back window I saw snow already collecting on the once shoveled clean patio...so they are in deed snowflakes...and they are in deed doing their job!

I'm thankful for a healthy pregnancy, even though I don't feel healthy, the pregnancy is doing what it's supposed to do. The baby is growing and forming and in a few years I'll be listening to this baby talk with a friend or sibling downstairs while I write a blog!

I'm thankful each of my children is unique. While I sometimes see them in each other, or see myself in their actions...or Nick...they're unique. There is no other Lucy or Murray in the world and I love that I get to watch them grow and develop into their own unique person.

No comments:

Post a Comment