Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Last week I wrote about waiting on the Lord. While I'm still waiting on lots of things I am thankful that spring is arriving! What a blessing to have the smells, the feel, the sounds and the warmth of spring begin seeping in slowly.

It's getting late...but I am still thankful for today! I'm thankful for the warm weather we had. We were able to take our first walk to see the ducks. It was myself, the little girl I'm carrying with me and 6 of my favorite kids. Lucy, Murray ad 4 of their friends I was watching today. We were quite the sight to see! I really am thankful for the houseful though. It's amazing how well they all play and getting outside makes such a difference in the day.

I'm thankful for a little bit of girl time with Lucy getting our hair done today, we both got "just a smidge of a trim" (Lucy's words to our hairdresser). I got a bit of spring/summer color and Lucy got some curls! It was great to have some time outside of the house just hanging out with Lucy, she's getting SO big! I can't believe she's going to be 5 in the coming weeks.

We also had a great family trip to Target. We bought a few baby toys for the Crisis Pregnancy Center our church supports and shoes for the kids. We finished off that outing with a shamrock shake...they are going away you know...so we had to get just one more for the year! That makes 3 for me this season...it's been awhile since I've treated myself to 3 shamrock shakes in a month...I think it's because this baby girl likes them. At least that's what I'm telling myself!

I had lots of other thoughts today...I woke up thinking and just kept going all day. It was a day full of perspective and playing. It was quite an enjoyable day and I'm hoping this weather sticks around. It's hard to feel sick when it's beautiful outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment