Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Today I am thankful for a burst of energy! I had a huge burst of energy last night and washed all the floors in my house, cleaned the bathrooms, picked up toys, vacuumed and packed for Chicago! Whew! It was a busy night and the kids were very well behaved while I did all those chores. They even helped a bit.

I'm also thankful for a GREAT 20 week ultrasound yesterday (that will be my wordless wednesday when Nick gets the pictures scanned). I had a student technician and her supervisor doing the ultrasound which meant that it went slower and there was lots of talking and explaining going on during it...basically...a mom's dream! I was able to understand all the strange images on the screen, her kidney's, the umbilical cord, my placenta, her leg and arm bones...all the tedious parts of her heart, valves, ventricles, chambers etc.

All in all...she started out squirmy (probably the girl scout cookies I ate to reward the first chore completed...mopping), but then she calmed down and they kept saying what a beautiful baby she was to get images of. She did give them a hard time when they were trying to get her heart rate...they would get her in the right place then she would stay for just a few seconds and kick off and my sides and move away. It took a few tries, but she finally cooperated.

When they completed everything they needed and had already gotten a cute profile picture and one of her foot the student asked if I minded if she played around for a few more minutes practicing getting profiles and other fun pictures since she was being so great! Of course I said yes! Who wouldn't want to look at the beautiful baby growing for a few minutes longer?!?

The ending stats, she's in the 90th percentile and her measurements are showing she's 21 weeks...I'm not actually 20 weeks until tomorrow...so she's big already! So much for having a small baby this time with the little weight I've put on! She has no abnormalities in her heart, lungs, kidneys, limbs etc. I have enough fluid and my placenta looks healthy. All in all...we're doing great!

A lot to be thankful for this week! We're heading to Chicago tonight for Nick to go to a youth worker conference and I'm headed to have a girls night with a friend in Springfield, IL while the kids enjoy Grammy and Pop Pop all to themselves! Then I get to have a little bit of relaxation time at my parents and hopefully pick out some fabric for this little girls crib! July will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment