Sunday, March 27, 2011

But it's easier that way...

Lately I've been tired...lately I've been uncomfortable and feeling large (yes...I know I am going to get A LOT bigger!) Lately it has been harder to bend over to pick up toys, to get on the floor to play and to have any desire to cook a dinner I know I don't really want to eat (still not too much of an appetite, especially at the end of the day).

Lately, I've been wanting to be L-A-Z-Y!

It's easier that way. It's easier to let the kids jump on the sofa, to ignore them fighting in the other room...to turn on a show instead of playing a game with them...to sit and feel large and uncomfortable.

I know that at this point in my life, I'm blaming the pregnancy, but when does it stop?

Certainly not when I have a newborn baby...certainly then it will definitely be easier to ignore certain aspects of my "job".

Certainly not when I'm homeschooling...

Certainly not when the kids get busy with activities...

Certainly not when it's a busy summer, or Lent, or Advent...

or any other excuse I can come up with to ignore the things I am struggling to do.

Now, I admit, some of these things will get easier...there will come a time again when bending over does not seem to feel like I'm attempting a acrobatic skill...but the difficult things will always be there. The difficult things are a part of our fallen world...they're just a part of life!

At a Bible study one time the leader was talking about how society has changed, she made the comment (she's a teacher mind you) how so many parents talk about how much "stress" is on their children these days, how much pressure...her response, "when I was growing up, we just called that life!"

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome this world!"
John 16:33

It's true. God does not promise us that life on this earth will be easy, or comfortable...He does promise us the hope of something better, and that He will walk with us through all of our discomforts! So...this weekend, while I've been home alone with the kids, I've put in the effort to stop being LAZY and start living life with my kids. To love them, to instruct them and to PLAY with them. We've watched a movie together...and Murray talked about it all day today. I know, because I played with him today. He helped hand me things that fell on the floor, so I didn't have to be an acrobat!

It may be easier to be lazy, but it certainly isn't what's best! Most likely the things that seem hard, or boring or not worth getting up for are the things you should be doing most...the devil has a way of winning small battles like that!

"Slothfulness casts into a deep sleep, and an idle person will suffer hunger."
Proverbs 19:15

No comments:

Post a Comment