Sunday, December 18, 2011

One little bug....

One VERY long week!!

This past week the grown ups in our house got hit with the flu.

It was first with mom...then dad...then mom again...

We are extremely grateful it skipped over the kiddos...

I am also extremely grateful that my husband made me toast...a whole loaf worth over the course of the week...

took care of the kids....

picked up a few messes...

woke up early with kiddos to let me sleep in a bit. 

I'm also thankful to our "resident Grandma" for taking the big kids one day feeding them both lunch and dinner so we could recover a bit. 

It's moments like these that you realize how much you do in a day, how thankful you are for your spouse to get through it with you and how much God has blessed us with an understanding staff for my husband (even when he was better he worked from home the rest of the week to help me out) and the wonderful people God has given us even though He has placed us so far away from home. 

Love being reminded of the ways God cares for us...not sure I want the flu again next time I need to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment