Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Today I am thankful for an hour of quiet I had this morning. I thought the clock said 8:43 so I got out of bed, got dressed and went downstairs to make myself breakfast. I quickly realized it was actually 6:43 and my entire family was sleeping. It seemed a little silly to go back to bed so I enjoyed my breakfast in silence, folded some laundry, started another load and just enjoyed the peace of the morning. I wouldn't mind if this became a regular routine once my new little one arrives...although I know I'll enjoy sleeping once she's here as well.

The quiet was nice and I feel as though it's been awhile since I've had an extended period of time like that. The kids have been staying up later and I've been going to bed "early" so our bedtimes are not very far apart. I also have not had any desire to set the alarm to wake up early...we've all been depending on Murray to wake us up in the morning. So, even though I needed a little caffeine half way through my morning I'll take that with the hour of peace and quiet I had this morning! I had visions of touching up paint, starting projects and all the uninterrupted things I could get done...then I settled back on reality and just enjoyed a little bit of silence before showering and starting the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment