Thursday, July 14, 2011

38 weeks and 2 days

I wish I could recall the conversation Nick and I had last fall...it was something to this effect: We've been talking about it for over a year now...I just don't know if we should have another baby...if we have another baby should we try to get pregnant? I'm not sure my body will take another pregnancy...maybe we should look into adoption in a year or two. My wise husband (after a year of this conversation over and over again) said, we just need to pray about it, keep praying about it and let God decide. Well, God decided and He gave us another miracle. Another sweet baby girl to love and adore...and is she ever loved and adored!

38 weeks and 2 days. That's how long it takes to grow a perfect blessing from God. At least in my body anyway. With Lucy it was closer to 36 weeks and 3 days before the doctor coaxed her out...I now wonder if they hadn't if she too would have arrived at 38 weeks and 2 days. Murray and Evangeline both thought that was the perfect amount of time to prepare for life on the outside. A crazy similarity that 38 weeks 2 days was on a Sunday for each of them, and on the wedding anniversary of their Godparents. 3 years apart, yet so much the same.

This pregnancy has truly been a miracle. I'm not sure it was the most "enjoyable" with all the sickness I had, but it was truly special, and Ginny's entrance into the world could not have been orchestrated any better. After laboring for almost 2 days and begging for drugs in the final hour (although it was way too late for that), she made her entrance at 8:44 pm on Sunday July 10th. (A perfect anniversary present to her Godparents Katy and Mark).

The labor while difficult and not exactly enjoyable, was a great experience for both Nick and I. We were very thankful for Lisa's involvement and encouragement at the end and for the way my doctor controlled the room when things were a little hectic at the end. 9 lbs. 5 oz and 20 inches long...worth every labor pain and struggle. She is absolutely perfect!

Something about this pregnancy and this little girl just seem magical...she is truly a blessing from God and I can see now that Ginny was chosen for our family at this time. Both Lucy and Murray are over the moon in love with her and the only arguments we've had is over who gets to give her a kiss, or lay next to her or hold her longer. I keep telling Lucy I'm going to remind her of all these things the first time she tells me Ginny won't leave her alone.

We're all doing well, settling into life as a family of 5 and just enjoying our sweet little Evangeline Kate. I'll post pictures and more later...but for now I'm just enjoying newborn snuggles and the over abundance of love in our family (plus all the pictures are on Nick's computer).

No comments:

Post a Comment