Saturday, December 4, 2010

Humbled

This has been one of the toughest weeks for me. I haven't been feeling great and I've had to take things slow. Often we're forced to slow down and take a look at all we're doing and decide what needs to be done versus what we think should get done. A lot of of those should things haven't been getting done around my house this week. Some of them will be needs shortly. I'm not sure how much longer my family can be sustained by me cooking only a few days a week. I will need to go to the store...or at least make a better list when I send my husband.

I've had weeks like this before. I know just a few weeks ago I wrote about looking at my priorities during a busy week and making time to enjoy my family...it's harder when things aren't getting done because you just can't. Not because of time, but because you're just not up to it. This week, my body has decided that relaxation is key...to much time up and about and I hit a wall, so to speak.

It's an interesting and humbling experience to rely on Nick for so many of the responsibilities I'm used to doing. I'm grateful for his patience and his willingness to help. I'm also grateful we haven't hit the full swing of Advent...while it was a busy week for him...he still had a little wiggle room.

I'm also blessed with 2 adorable little helpers who give me snuggles and help out...most of the time. Nothing like 2 rambunctious children to put the needs into perspective. Lots of books, coloring and singing have been going on this week...and lots of imaginative play.

I hope I'm feeling back to normal soon...but being humbled isn't a bad place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment