Sunday, May 22, 2011

HUGE!

Yesterday was my big 30th birthday. I could not have asked for a more wonderful day. My little Lucy girl made the day extra special for me in so many ways...she's just so sweet and really into birthdays. She wanted everything to be just right for me.

One of my favorite parts of the day was watching Lucy play soccer. She really tried hard yesterday (after a slow start b/c she was hot), but she played goalie and stopped a few goals, kicked the ball out of the "pack" and just made it an enjoyable time to sit outside and watch her play.

During this time outside the parents tend to chat a little. Towards the end of the game I went over to the "team blanket" to get ready to hand out juice boxes (it was Lucy's turn to bring drinks). There was another mom from Lucy's team who is also expecting. The older woman she was with (I'm assuming her mom or mother in law) asked me when I was due...the conversation went something like this:

Woman: "When are you due?"

Me: "I'm due July 22nd, but I usually go early. When are you due? (to the pregnant lady...not the older woman).

Pregnant Mom: "I'm due August 18th."

Me: "Oh, so you'll have to make it through most of the summer. I hope it isn't too hot for you"

Woman: "She's due just about a month after you."
Woman turns to the pregnant lady and says "I didn't realize you'd grow THAT much in a month! Wow!"

You may now begin laughing at me here!

Holy cow...I take no offense to this...I know I carry big...but seriously!! For having put on barely 17 pounds at 31 weeks pregnant that woman sure could make me feel fat! I then continued to have a lovely conversation with the pregnant lady about babies and the like....Guess I'm huge no matter what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment