Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cupcakes for Ava

I was supposed to make a birthday cake for Ava a few weeks back, but I woke up the morning of her party and couldn't sit up I had hurt my neck so bad. Needless to say, I didn't finish her cake, nor did we make it to her party. She's 3 and didn't really know, but I felt awful. So, when the Troxel clan came down for dinner this past weekend the kids and I made some delicious strawberry shortcake inspired cupcakes. We experimented a bit on the best way to top them. The best part about these cupcakes were the delicious strawberry buttercream frosting I had made fresh and my own homemade fondant. Two things I had tried out just for Ava's birthday! They were both a big hit...and my kiddos LOVED decorating and tasting the cupcakes.

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment