Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday--Thanksgiving Edition

The things I could list that I'm thankful for go on and on. It's a quiet Thanksgiving this year, out of the norm from what we usually celebrate. In some ways it helps to have a quiet relaxing day to truly think about what we're thankful for.

I can't remember the last time I lounged around in my parent's house with no big plans impending. What a special day for Lucy to sew in Grammy's sewing room and  play with all the Barbies and Little Ponies from my childhood.

I'm thankful for the sweet little boy who awoke crying at 4:50 in the morning looking for his lovie. I wasn't very thankful when I couldn't find it and had to turn on lights searching (Nick eventually found it), but I am oh so thankful for the little boy things Murray clings to. He's getting so big too fast and I know one day I'll turn around and he'll be taller than me, so searching for a lovie in the middle of the night is a way to remember he's still little.

I'm thankful for Ginny's smiles, her snuggles and her cheerful nature. One year ago I began to feel a bit nauseous on Thanksgiving day and it worsened each day after that. Who knew it would last until the day she was born! I look at her each day and am so thankful for all the sickness, tired days and lack of eating I was able to endure to bring such a special girl into our family. I've watched our family grow in love in numerous ways since finding out we were expecting and since her arrival in July, it is truly an awesome experience as a mother and wife.

I'm thankful for Lucy. My parents have so many pictures of Lucy throughout her house and thinking back on her first Thanksgiving when we went and took family pictures, Lucy learned to clap and she was just learning to stand holding onto furniture to who she is today is amazing. A sweet girl who is so bright and sees the world in such a unique way. A little girl who is happy to help with her sister, the bags while we're flying, sewing with Grammy and learning to read. I'm not sure where my wild baby Lucy disappeared to, but I am sure thankful for the young girl who is appearing before my eyes.

I'm thankful for my amazing husband who gets up in the middle of the night (even though he would just sleep through all the chaos on his own) and searches the house for a square foot of fabric to comfort our son. I'm thankful that he shares his passion for the Packers and more importantly his passion for our God with our children. I'm thankful that he's the head of our house and cares for all of us accordingly. I'm thankful that 7 years ago we were celebrating Thanksgiving with our family anticipating our wedding day fast approaching.

I'm thankful for my parents and family who watched me grow from a baby to who I am today and helped me get to where I am. I'm thankful for my extended family who did the same for Nick and continue to encourage us today.

I'm thankful for Kate and Kelly who flew in to celebrate with us a day early and share in a PACKERS VICTORY at Ford Field with Nick and Murray.

A lot to be thankful for today...and I just named the people. We are certainly blessed! Boba and Tommy just arrived...so I'm off to be thankful for their love for my sweet girls as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment