Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Thankful Thursdays....I really enjoy the focus this Thursday blog gives me. After a rushed morning of getting ready, sending a little boy to preschool on a day when there is no school and then fishing a pair of pants from the potty (after it had been used)...well, it's nice to have a reason to sit down and be thankful for these moments. 

I'm thankful this week for a chance for my kids to get to know their Aunts, Uncles and cousins out west. I'm so thankful for my in-laws for providing their home to create these memories. What a great experience the balloon fiesta was. The kids LOVED seeing the balloons, but I think all their relatives may have overshadowed the balloons just a bit...we can't wait to see everyone again!

I'm thankful for happy kids...they may not be super healthy this week (we're all fighting coughs), but they are all in good spirits and I haven't had much whining (maybe I should learn from them...)

I'm thankful for a warm cup of tea on a cold and dreary fall morning. 

I'm thankful we're half way through October. This month has seemed so overwhelming for so long, and now the overwhelmingness of the month is drawing to a close and I can focus my efforts back on the home front again...I am SO excited to be done with planning big events. 

So...in the midst of crazy kids and not feeling well...lots of laundry and a messy house...I have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment