Saturday, October 8, 2011

No More Sick Days...

If there's one thing every mom knows it's that sick days are a precious commodity. You have to weigh the pros and cons...if I lay in bed today, what type of mess will I encounter tomorrow?  Am I really sick enough to leave my children left to their own devices to find entertainment?

When I was pregnant last year, I weighed these options most days and usually got out of bed and suffered through it. Then I had Ginny and when she was just 1 week old it happened....fever of 1o3, chills, achy body...the doctor was called and prescriptions were picked up (by my husband...not me...I didn't leave the sofa...it was too cold in my bedroom!)

Thankfully for that sick day, my mom, dad, sister and brother in law were visiting. I took my first true sick day in FIVE long years! 

Enter our trip to Albuquerque. I've been nursing colds in the 2 littler kids and my husband for weeks. I took the little ones for antibiotics before we left for vacation and thought I had escaped getting the awful cold (at least any more than the sniffles I had when we left). 

3 days into Albuquerque and I was hit. It's not so much congestion, but my whole body hurts. So, I'm staying home as much as possible and relaxing...but still hoping to enjoy a few Albuquerque experiences, a hike or two and time with family...

No sick days for this mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment