Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thankful Thursdays

Nap time is about to come to end...well, quiet time...no one except Ginny is napping today...

Here's my quick list of things I'm thankful for today/this week...

Today I am thankful for cooler weather! This is only the 2nd time since Ginny has been born that we have been able to open windows....it's amazing to feel a cool breeze coming from a window instead of a hole in our ceiling

30 finger and 30 toes...yep...I'm still basking in new mom thankfulness...I can't help it....I really like my kids...and their fingers and toes! So yep...altogether I'm thankful for 30 of them (well really 50...b/c if I'm honest I'm thankful Nick and I have fingers and toes...but ours aren't as cute).

I'm thankful my first day back to having extra kids around my house is going so well...this is again being thankful for Ginny being such an easy going baby...she makes lots of transitions much smoother by just being content!

A new cake recipe to try and a reason to test it out! I can't wait to see the Rudzinski family coming this weekend to be Ginny's sponsors at her baptism. I also can't wait for the yummy dinner we're having to thank them for sharing this special occasion and to thank the wonderful friends who helped take care of the big kids while I was at the hospital.

This week I'm thankful that my husband is surviving and enjoying Junior High VBS...it's the highest attended year and you can tell by all the extra time he's putting in.

My other thankful is in correlation to this...I'm so thankful that my mother in law and sister in law were able to visit this week. It's been great to have company while Nick is gone at work and even greater to have help with the kids and around the house. My mother in law doesn't like to sit still very long, so that means my floors have been washed, the garden has been weeded (a bit...seriously no one can tame my beast of a garden) and the kitchen cupboards have been wiped down...what more could a new mom ask for!?! All this a midst special activities for the kids and lots and lots of playing with Grandma...

All in all...a lot to be thankful for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment